Monday, September 24, 2007

First Day!

So today was my first day at Schipul. Turns out they hired another new guy, Rob, and he started today with me. Glad to not have to be the only new one around here.

Ed, the CEO, gave us a safety tour around the building first thing. Took us up to the roof and said something about one of the employees taking photos from the roof during a lightening storm. Mumbled something about the guy being a "crazy Canadian" whatever that means.

Next we had the MMC or the MSS. I can't remember what it's called. But the entire company got together and discussed business, introduced themselves, then New Guy Rob and I had to introduce ourselves. Overall, everyone seems pretty cool. Still a little shocked about the things that people talked about in the meeting. Slightly worried.


Met the rest of the production team, including Rodney who helped me set up my computer, logins and training for Tendenci. Rodney seems cool I guess. I can't say his last name yet.

The rest of the team were really nice and even better they all dressed like me. That's a very important thing.

The managers took Rob and I out to lunch at Carabba's! I hope they do this every day!

For the rest of the day, I helped set up for the Tendenci User's Conference which apparently is a big deal and did some training on Tendenci.

So much to learn today and I'm tired. Going to bed now.

No comments: